pecorino crotonese cheese
Italians have long known how nutritional fresh or dried figs are.
These naturally sweet fruits boast large amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium. They’re also packed with quercetin, kaempferol, epicatechin gallate and other powerful antioxidants.
Let’s not forget they are high in fiber for those wanting to add more fiber to their diet.
Looking for healthy snacks for the new year, pick up some dried figs for your desk or lunch box.
Here are some of our favourite ways to enjoy these tasty bites.
- Snack food
- Chop up and add to your morning oatmeal, muesli or yogurt
- Add to a charcuterie or antipasto platter. They pair well with cheese.
- Wrapped in prosciutto to share as an appetizer.
- Use in place of other dried fruit in baking recipes like muffins, breads and cakes.
- Slice thin and top your pizza with dried figs
What are your favourite way to eat dried figs?!